Another recipe from Candace Anderson's The Everything Freezer Meals Cookbook. Evan, our picky eater, even loved this! And of course, anything with tater tots in it is a huge hit with Nate! Love that it can go from the freezer into the oven without thawing!
* 1.5 lbs lean ground beef (we used 2lbs)
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1 (16-oz) can whole kernel corn
* 1 (15-oz) can chili with beans (we used turkey chili w/beans)
* 1 pkg chili seasoning mix
* 1 (2lb) bag frozen Tater Tots
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (we used reduced-fat)
DIRECTIONS: Freezing Day--In skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in corn, chili, and chili seasoning mix. Prepare a 9"x13" casserole pan/aluminum pan for freezing. Lay the Tater Tots along the bottom of Pam-sprayed pan. Top them with meat mixture, and top that with shredded cheese. Wrap tightly and freeze. (If preparing for same day, bake at 350 degrees for 45-55min (I covered it with foil for most of baking).
Reheating Instructions--Frozen casserole can go straight into the oven. Cook @350 degrees for 1hr 30min to 1hr 45min, or until it is heated all the way through.