Trying to make things Evan would love, and this seems like a hit! I actually made it ahead for tomorrow night, but it sure did smell good when I took it out of the oven. Even Nate was eyeballing this as I was making it. Made it more diet-friendly by using reduced-fat versions of ingredients. Haven't tried a Pioneer Woman recipe I haven't liked...here is the recipe link.
* 2 cups Cooked Chicken
* 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
* 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup (reduced-fat)
* 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (reduced-fat)
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
* 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
* 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
* 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
* ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper (omitted)
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (reduced-fat)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups (we used skinless/boneless chicken breasts). Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
3. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).
Eggplant Tomato "Stuffing" Bake
4 weeks ago