The recipe I chose was a spaghetti casserole I had found on Taste of Home, a great recipe magazine. This was so good! Evan even approved...he finished his plate!
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).