I was in the mood for something with chicken...but on the lighter side. I found this recipe on recipezaar.com...and had to try it! It received great reviews, looked easy to make, and was low-fat. We served it over brown rice with a side dish of green beans with almonds. Yummy! We'll definitely have this again!
*1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
*2/3 cup sugar (or less, according to taste)
*1/4 cup soy sauce
*1 tablespoon lemon juice
*1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
*1/2 tsp minced garlic
*1/2 tsp ginger
*1/4 cup water
*4 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Spray chicken breasts with Pam.
2. Cook chicken breasts in a pan until done (chicken should be brown in spots).
3. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces, set aside.
4. Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan. Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved, stirring often. Bring to a boil.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer 4-6 minutes or until sauce thickens.
6. Pour chicken into large frying pan over medium heat. Heat until chicken sizzles, then reduce heat and pour sauce over chicken. Heat through.
7. Serve over white rice (we used brown rice).
BBQ Chicken Salad Biscuits
1 month ago