I made this on Christmas day, and it was a huge hit! I originally bought ice cream to go with it, but this cake is so good by itself, you don't even need ice cream. I can't wait to make it again!
* 1 pkg (18.25-oz) yellow cake mix
* 1 pkg (3.5-oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 1 T pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Vanilla Butter Glaze:
* 3 T butter, melted
* 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 T water
* 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Beat all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in large bowl with mixer on low just to moisten. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in chips. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
3. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely. Drizzle with Vanilla Butter Glaze or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Vanilla Butter Glaze:
1. Mix ingredients together until smooth. Let stand 3 minutes or until thickened.
Another recipe from Candace Anderson's The Everything Freezer Meals Cookbook. Evan, our picky eater, even loved this! And of course, anything with tater tots in it is a huge hit with Nate! Love that it can go from the freezer into the oven without thawing!
* 1.5 lbs lean ground beef (we used 2lbs)
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 1 (16-oz) can whole kernel corn
* 1 (15-oz) can chili with beans (we used turkey chili w/beans)
* 1 pkg chili seasoning mix
* 1 (2lb) bag frozen Tater Tots
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (we used reduced-fat)
DIRECTIONS: Freezing Day--In skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in corn, chili, and chili seasoning mix. Prepare a 9"x13" casserole pan/aluminum pan for freezing. Lay the Tater Tots along the bottom of Pam-sprayed pan. Top them with meat mixture, and top that with shredded cheese. Wrap tightly and freeze. (If preparing for same day, bake at 350 degrees for 45-55min (I covered it with foil for most of baking).
Reheating Instructions--Frozen casserole can go straight into the oven. Cook @350 degrees for 1hr 30min to 1hr 45min, or until it is heated all the way through.